15# of Zucchini =

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three batches of zucchini candy. Each 5# zuc equaled about 1 C. candy.
I made Cherry, Orange and Blue Raspberry lemonade.
(THANKS FOR THE RECIPE @SweetMissDaisy )
zucchini candy.JPG

Last edited:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice!!! Did you dehydrate it in the oven or with a traditional dehydrator?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice!!! Did you dehydrate it in the oven or with a traditional dehydrator?
Well of course I used the Excalibur that Mary helped my get for a great price. It took about 16 hours to dry!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How small did you cut them? I tried it with my cheap walmart dehydrator and I made fruit leather. Not nice little cubes like you had. Took a bite flavor was good but was as tough as a old shoe.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
How small did you cut them? I tried it with my cheap walmart dehydrator and I made fruit leather. Not nice little cubes like you had. Took a bite flavor was good but was as tough as a old shoe.
@Jared77 A quick tutorial. Peel and remove seed from LARGE heavy walled zucchini. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Simmer cubes in 4 -5 cups water with 3 packets Kool-Aid and 2 - 2 1/2 C sugar or sweetener to equal. simmer until cubes begin to get translucent. Drain and spread on dehydrator trays. Set at 125 degrees and dry about 16 hours until no longer sticky. Shake cooled candy in powdered sugar and store in sealed container.
Here is the tutorial with photos that I got from @SweetMissDaisy :)
http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2010/08/what-to-do-with-a-5-pound-zucchini.html

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, you sure are getting your money's worth out of that Excalibur. Makes me feel good that you got it! I'll have to tell my friend that you are using it and loving it next time I see her.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, you sure are getting your money's worth out of that Excalibur. Makes me feel good that you got it! I'll have to tell my friend that you are using it and loving it next time I see her.

Mary
Thanks again for all the help getting it. I do love it. Please tell so. ;)

Latest posts