$150,000 Antique Found in dumpster

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a friend show up at my house all excited, on the way over he past 2 chairs on the curb. He wanted the chairs but willn't stop, was afraid someone might see him garbge pick.I went back with him and the chairs where still there, he still has them 20 years later.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've gone dumpster diving a few times, found quite a few perfectly fine hairdryers in the dumpster at Wal-Mart once, they lock the dumpsters shut now. The hairdryers went to Ma.

I was riding home from a friend's house one day, saw a desk chair sitting next to a neighbor's garbage can once. This thing looked like it was in mint condition. So I knocked on the front door and asked if we could take their chair. I went home with a new desk chair, turns out they were going to throw it out 'cause their cat scratched it up a little. Still a nice chair, way nicer than most of our other desk chairs. The chair also went to Ma, never seem to be able to find something for myself.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of my sons used to dumpster dive behind a medical office complex. He would find samples of all kinds of supplies, aspirin, hand sanitizer, etc. I don't think they ever threw out prescription drugs; probably against the law. But I still have several years' supply of hand sanitizer.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister is a dedi
I've gone dumpster diving a few times, found quite a few perfectly fine hairdryers in the dumpster at Wal-Mart once, they lock the dumpsters shut now. The hairdryers went to Ma.

I was riding home from a friend's house one day, saw a desk chair sitting next to a neighbor's garbage can once. This thing looked like it was in mint condition. So I knocked on the front door and asked if we could take their chair. I went home with a new desk chair, turns out they were going to throw it out 'cause their cat scratched it up a little. Still a nice chair, way nicer than most of our other desk chairs. The chair also went to Ma, never seem to be able to find something for myself.

Awww, SeedO, you're so good to your mom!
My sis used to dive at the WallyWorld dumpster too. She got a complete outside dining set once at the end of the summer. There was nothing wrong with it. Then the employees started breaking legs off (the chairs) before tossing them, and now the dumpsters are locked.
Her daughter, my eldest niece is up for that kind of adventure and would be the lookout and help my sis in and out of the dumpster. Her sister, my namesake, would lay on the floor of the van, hiding and hoping nobody she knew would drive by. :lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband often picks up toys that have been left out for free. Sometimes he finds them free on Craigslist. Caring for our 3 grandsons while their parents are at work, we have more toys than our kids ever have. The large plastic outdoor toys from companies like play school last for ever. They are faded but I rather prefer them that way. I'm sure we will give them away when our guys get too big for them. I got a go cart marked free on the side of the road from nearby. It looks brand new and sells for hundreds of dollars

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My sister is a dedi

Awww, SeedO, you're so good to your mom!
My sis used to dive at the WallyWorld dumpster too. She got a complete outside dining set once at the end of the summer. There was nothing wrong with it. Then the employees started breaking legs off (the chairs) before tossing them, and now the dumpsters are locked.
Her daughter, my eldest niece is up for that kind of adventure and would be the lookout and help my sis in and out of the dumpster. Her sister, my namesake, would lay on the floor of the van, hiding and hoping nobody she knew would drive by. :lol:

Complete waste to throw it out if it can be used. I'd much rather give something to somebody that could use it than through it in the trash. Much less would go to the landfill if they'd leave the dumpsters open.

I think I've found putty knives for Pa once in the home depot dumpster. I'm tall so can reach in the dumpsters easily. I've also got long legs so can run fast if I get caught by one of the employees. :D

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Complete waste to throw it out if it can be used. I'd much rather give something to somebody that could use it than through it in the trash. Much less would go to the landfill if they'd leave the dumpsters open.

I think I've found putty knives for Pa once in the home depot dumpster. I'm tall so can reach in the dumpsters easily. I've also got long legs so can run fast if I get caught by one of the employees. :D

Haha!

I see in my post that you quoted where I started saying something about my sister up at the top, and got occupied with something else, then came back to finish. Probably making sure I wasn't burning the house down. I didn't see it when I posted it
but now I do! Evidence of a scattered mind...

Latest posts