1st Garden Run With Truck

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning for 1st time I drove beat up truck to garden center for mulch. I did not even have to get out, they loaded, right in back!!! Next need lots of soil for raised beds.It is old, beat up,, rusted,, ugly and a gas guzzler but I am becoming attached, I guess I should send a email about one being restored.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSCF0499.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, for some reason I thought it was more beat up. It's nice not to have a vehicle that you worry about. I went to Home Depot this morning and asked the cashier for a couple bags to put in my car so the plants wouldn't get it dirty. She made a comment how we all worry about our cars. Well yeah, some of us like to keep them clean.

Mary

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news is that get a few deliveries under its belt, credit truck what delivery would cost and it's a free truck.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a 1984 Chevy stepside Silverado. My DH bought it out of a hayfield and had all the mechanics fixed for me. It was to be my beater truck to treat bad. The bad part was, it was such a cool truck, that I didn't want to treat it bad, and planned to restore the inside and repaint it. Then we bought our new place....... we got an offer on the truck....... let's see...... spend money $$$ on truck that I won't use except to drive to town and look good, or take the offer and buy fence wire. I guess ya'll know what ol' Baymule did......

Nyboy, I am glad you got your beater truck. Several have come along, but I have weighed options and barn tin, wire, fence posts, etc have won every time. A beater truck that you can use and abuse and not feel bad about it truly a wonderful thing!

Latest posts