#2. Green Tomato Mincemeat

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dear Wife found my camera . . . it was in one of her spare purses. I think she's been hiding it from me :/.

Anyway, as I'm trying to get some understanding of how to actually properly use the darn camera - instead of my usual performance - I came across this website with its "7 Recipes for Green Tomatoes."

Right off the top, I've gotta say that anything I've tried with green tomatoes, IMHO, would have been better with eggplant. And this year, I don't really have room for experimentation. The harvest of slicing tomatoes was limited, late and darn near all ripened at the same moment!

However . . . I really like mincemeat :p! And, I'd never thought of using green tomatoes! What do you think? Is this a good idea for the critters?

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you like mincemeat and it tastes like mincemeat- how could you go wrong??? The only problem- what if it tastes like green tomatoes?? I made sweet pickles out of my greenies- and let me tell you, it wasn't worth it! Took 3 days, and I really don't like it...
I think you should risk it, and then tell us if it is good! Then we will know what to do with ours next season!!

Latest posts