majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally peaed the garden.... after primping the area planted 300+ pea's
this ..
DSC_0024.JPG

not this..
DSC_0013.JPG

planted the winter squash and cucumbers... i know have a long shoot on the cucumbers,but it's worth a try....
DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

the crimson sweet are just kicking .. not bad for a really late planting......
DSC_0026.JPG

have been telling you all a lie what i have been calling a cantaloupe, is truly a french charentais melon.. what's you going to do fire me?
DSC_0031.JPG

the dw last canner of tomatoes..
DSC_0038.JPG

we both had a good giggle over this.. since meat prices are out the roof the smoker has become a trellis for the creeper vines...
DSC_0040.JPG

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, read that you "finally pead the garden" and the first thing I though was that you had peed in it. Then you post a picture of you drinking a beer? and it looks like you are peeing!!!! :D

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never understood desire for green tomatoes. Like eating stems.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
now @Nyboy dont tell anyone here, but thats "g123d sh2 supersweet hybrid corn" from stokes.. no need for butter just show it to some boiling water once done a little salt and pepper good to go.....
@majorcatfish, have you heard about the microwave way to cook sweet corn? I have tried it and it works. You just put the corn in the microwave, in the shuck, and cook for 5 minutes. Then you cut the stalk end of the corn off, far enough up that you know you are cutting into the cob about a half inch or so. Then you pull the corn out of the shuck, by holding on to the silk end of the shucks, and stick a fork or knife into the cob end. All the silks stay in the shuck. Wee! It works well, and very little mess. Of course, if you are preparing a whole bunch, this wouldn't be practical, I guess, but for two or four ears, it works well.

Latest posts