2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
picture of Owl's Eye (sorry it's blurry, my only digital camera is on my phone, and doesn't have great resolution)
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A4%3C3%3Enu%3D7965%3E7%3B9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D37425633%3B4335nu0mrj

sea-kangaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area (zone 9, Sunset 15)
Anybody here going to the Berea seed swap this year? I'm going and will have a spot at a vendor table, even! I'm making this year's trip into a little vacation-- going to tootle around Illinois for a bit (my home state but lots of it I haven't seen yet), and go over to Mammoth Cave National Park too. Looking forward to it!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anybody here going to the Berea seed swap this year? I'm going and will have a spot at a vendor table, even! I'm making this year's trip into a little vacation-- going to tootle around Illinois for a bit (my home state but lots of it I haven't seen yet), and go over to Mammoth Cave National Park too. Looking forward to it!

Not sure yet if I'll get to go. That is cool that you got a table. :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the Berea seed swap is on Ocober 3rd. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking seriously about going to see what it's like. If enough of us go it could almost be like a Little Easy Bean Network get together.

sea-kangaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area (zone 9, Sunset 15)
It is indeed! October 3rd from 9am "until everyone leaves," which last year was about 3. The trading stopped a bit before that and those of us remaining were taken on a farm tour (most of the action was in the morning, it slowed down a ton after noon). Some people were talking about maybe having a dinner meetup afterwards this year.

Do come if you're thinking about it, it's lots of fun and full of people who really love their beans! (And I'm probably not going to be able to go again for a couple years, so of course I'm going to encourage everyone to go this year. If people from here come I'll bring special stuff for special TEGN trading. :D)

Other details: very casual and friendly, all kinds of trading and selling encouraged. Mostly beans by a large margin, then corn, then tomatoes, then everything else. There's a potluck area in the back of the barn that last year was full of good stuff people brought. Berea itself is a nice little college town, with a lovely hill hike just nearby, and there's an inexpensive but nice Motel 6 in the next town just north.

Some of the sellers from last year: Bill Best of course (heirlooms.org), Remy (sampleseeds.com), Frank Barnett, Ed & Joyce Meece, Tony West (appalachianheirloomplantfarm.weebly.com), Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, a couple of nonprofits, and a whole bunch of people without websites but with lots of seed.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How awesome you are going! I even have a good friend not far from there I could stay with, but this is a bad time of year for me to try to get away. Have a great time @sea-kangaroo

teamneu

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@Bluejay77, I am sending your seeds today.
Imbotyi Mbayiyana was the winner in disease resistance and production. We are eating the snaps from the seeds that sprouted in the pods before I could collect them.
Wrens Egg did well, and the seeds are beautiful.
Zambezi #2 didn't like something about my garden, probably the heat. It had lots of flowers and many little beans, but only a few matured. I'm sending you all the seed I collected. About 15 look good, I'm not sure about the rest.
Let me know if you don't receive the package.
Thanks for letting me participate!!!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @teamneu,

Sounds like you cared for everything I sent you with dilegence. Would love you have you back again next year. I hope we get all the participants from this year back again. Also hope all those that participated in the past that didn't participate this year will join us again next year. When your package arrives I'll post a notice here again. Thank you for joining us this year. Everyone's participation is wonderful.

Latest posts