2016 White House Christmas tree...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
... is coming from my "family's" home town in Northern Wisconsin.
ebd34959-1b1f-4358-0476-3d6ceda27881-ChristmasTree.jpg

http://fox11online.com/news/local/n...hite-house-christmas-tree-to-come-from-oconto

Everyone in the family -- grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, and a plethora* of cousins all had their start in Oconto, Wisconsin. All called Oconto "home" and returned there for family events and holidays. I wasn't born there -- born right here in South-est, central-est Wisconsin -- but I remember the long drive "home" and seeing all the relatives.

It was not a good place for this teenaged girl, however. It seemed that every boy I thought was cute turned out to be a relative one way or another. I didn't get to meet my cousins on Mom's side until I was a teen -- Mom didn't get along with her family and she refused to visit them -- and I was driving myself up there for visits.

* There's that word again.

Last edited:

Sam BigDeer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Smart Red, post: 228995,
Everyone in the family -- grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, and a plethera* of cousins all had their start in Oconto, Wisconsin.

* There's that word again.[/QUOTE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Red, did you mean 'PLETHORA', maybe??
Maybe you had a prestidigitation problem with your keyboard??
Sam

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Phlebotomist - Oconto Hospital Lab (4239) Department Oconto Hospital Lab Location Bellin Health Hospital - Oconto, WI Date Posted Mon, July 27, 2015 Schedule Full-time (32 hours/week) - Days (7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) Position Description/Qualifications Responsible for ...
Related: Healthcare - Nurses/RNs/Practitioners

Here's a great position for someone would like to live by the lake.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Live by the lake is a bit strong. Yes, Lake Michigan has its shore touching Oconto County, near the County seat of Oconto, Wisconsin, but I've walked over half a mile from shore and still didn't have my knees fully under water. I've been told that another half mile might get my waist wet, but I've never tried.

Still, if you like fishing, I've heard that the breakwaters out in the bay are a great place to go. The pace of living is slower. The costs of living are lower. It's only 30 miles from the large city of Green Bay with all the sports and shopping needed. And drinking is the recreation of choice once the snow flies.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Smart Red, post: 228995,
Everyone in the family -- grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, and a plethera* of cousins all had their start in Oconto, Wisconsin.

* There's that word again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Red, did you mean 'PLETHORA', maybe??
Maybe you had a prestidigitation problem with your keyboard??
Sam[/QUOTE]
Yes, Sam, I seem to have had a pressing digit problem if not a prestidigitation problem with my keyboard. Since Spanish is Greek to me, the spell check was of no use at all.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful tree. (I did not know that they chose the trees a year in advance!)

Latest posts