2017 kiwis

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here I thought it was just my wife. She can't resist sales at store. Keep telling her it's just the 2 of us now.... we've got a chest freezer that's full and hasn't been touched in years. It's all junk now.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got my freezer cleaned out. Son unplugged it when we plucked chickens and forgot to plug it back in. Too bad. I really appreciate having the extra freezing space, but don't know if I'll ever get it filled again.

Told kids I'd stack bags of ice to take up space and put harvested things on top so it will be effecient even if there's not much food inside for a while.

Lost a lot of good eats by the time I knew the power wasn't on. Sigh! On the other hand, like seedcorn's, there were things long forgotten and best tossed towards the bottom of the unit.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well @seedcorn it was not like I shopped and hoarded food. Lots of garden produce and leftovers. Never wanting things to go to waste they went into freezer where they would get buried and forgotten. oops.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup we do a major clean out of the chest freezer every year usually in spring.. we finally got smart a few years back now date/ what it is on everything that goes in there. lots of stews in spring ...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I go to supermarket I buy vegetables and fruit. Not sure why I never eat it. if it didn't get hidden in back of fridge Harvey gets it. Many times I can not ID only know from plastic bag it was some type of produce. New fridge is being delivered tomorrow hope there no problems

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I go to supermarket I buy vegetables and fruit. Not sure why I never eat it. if it didn't get hidden in back of fridge Harvey gets it. Many times I can not ID only know from plastic bag it was some type of produce. New fridge is being delivered tomorrow hope there no problems
you meant to say wine cooler ...right?

Latest posts