2019 Corn Hunt Begins

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
What I really seeking falls into two main categories (there is of course the "sweet corn kernels on Indian corn but that is SO general I don't send others out on it.)

One is corn with the stippled gene which results in kernels with speckles (like in my avatar photo)

The other is any miniature corn ear that ISN'T popcorn. That is any mini ear demonstrating kernels that are dent, flour or sweet. (I'd take flint too, but since there is no good way to tell a flint from a pop kernel by sight that isn't worth it.)
Do you want a few ear of my miniature blue dent corn?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I really seeking falls into two main categories (there is of course the "sweet corn kernels on Indian corn but that is SO general I don't send others out on it.)

One is corn with the stippled gene which results in kernels with speckles (like in my avatar photo)

The other is any miniature corn ear that ISN'T popcorn. That is any mini ear demonstrating kernels that are dent, flour or sweet. (I'd take flint too, but since there is no good way to tell a flint from a pop kernel by sight that isn't worth it.)

do you have a larger picture of the avatar because i can't really see it that well as it is here. :)

Latest posts