2019 Garden Tour

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year's garden tour is now history. I showed the good, bad and ugly of gardening , which the tour goers appreciated greatly. I managed to keep 4 Master Gardeners VERY BUSY as we had 129 groups of people stop by. Most of them asked for more information about verticillium wilt as hardly anyone had ever heard of it before. I had 2 binders full of information from University of Cal. Davis as well as Oregon State University for them to read as well as live and dead plants to see and what to expect if and when they experience it. I also had a show and tell session on moles and the traps that a professional mole trapper uses. I slept like a log for 9.6 hours last night ! :th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess people do need to see the other side of gardening. It ain't all roses and butterflies, is it?

it helps to have just grown up with it so you've seen all sorts of things and either you have the will to keep going and perhaps see some of the humor in it too. i surely would not want to be a grim and humorless curmudgeon so perhaps it is a way of teaching some humility and grace in the face of destruction and acknowledging that at times we have no real control over things.

i think these are things that a lot of people in the modern world living in a big city without a garden could really use because they have such a poor understanding of nature and nobody is going to teach that in schools or on youtube unless they actually try to do it themselves.

imagine what that leads to when people try to get into space and try to do things in large enclosed terrariums... gonna be interesting for sure...

Latest posts