2020 shortages

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the TP shortage has not returned. not yet. :)

while i was out today (rare for me to do any shopping) i saw a few items that had me scratching my head. we're talking about some weather stripping for windows and doors. a few small rolls of foam with tape on one side and they wanted $15 for those?!! what a rip-off. i asked someone for something more and they took me to where there were some for a few $. ah, more like it.

another item that made me laugh. a piece of metal plate that you put on your door so you could open it with your foot. $15 or was it $19. my ghods...

still i think the store in general has jacked up prices on things and placed the more expensive items on the aisle ends and then people who are in too much of a hurry don't find the items that might serve the same purpose for less. is that dishonest? probably not, but it sure makes me hate shopping even more than usual.

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Stores around here have toilet paper, but not the same selection as pre-Covid. I used to buy 36 mega roll packs of a certain brand, but now they only carry 4 packs. Price is about 10 cents per roll more.

Paper towels still seem to be a problem. They usually have them, but again, it’s a smaller selection. I like to have full sheets and half sheets around. But the only half sheets I’ve found lately are super thin generic ones that don’t tear off the roll well. Guess I’m going to stick to full size sheets until I find good half size ones again.

Has anybody noticed Brawny’s new “tear a square”? I tried it and it was “tear-able”! Why would anyone want a paper towel that’s going to disintegrate into small pieces when you try to use it? The half size sheets are bad enough breaking in half when you’re trying to use a full sheet. Now they have ones that break up into 4 pieces! This is why I like to keep some full size rolls available. If I REALLY needed a 1/4th size piece, it’s not so hard to tear a half sheet in half. :rolleyes:

Myrthryn

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Stores around here have toilet paper, but not the same selection as pre-Covid. I used to buy 36 mega roll packs of a certain brand, but now they only carry 4 packs. Price is about 10 cents per roll more.

Paper towels still seem to be a problem. They usually have them, but again, it’s a smaller selection. I like to have full sheets and half sheets around. But the only half sheets I’ve found lately are super thin generic ones that don’t tear off the roll well. Guess I’m going to stick to full size sheets until I find good half size ones again.

Has anybody noticed Brawny’s new “tear a square”? I tried it and it was “tear-able”! Why would anyone want a paper towel that’s going to disintegrate into small pieces when you try to use it? The half size sheets are bad enough breaking in half when you’re trying to use a full sheet. Now they have ones that break up into 4 pieces! This is why I like to keep some full size rolls available. If I REALLY needed a 1/4th size piece, it’s not so hard to tear a half sheet in half. :rolleyes:
Haven't seen those paper towels yet. Must be a dangerous business, ripping a paper towel in half. Why else would they need all those perferations? I'm sure all the weeding hands around here have more than enough strength to select their own size paper towels!

Latest posts