2021 Buckeyes cross your fingers!!

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So this is my batch from this year 4 out of 8 for 2020 ( I think will have to wait and see next year for sure )
20210909_155141.jpg
20210909_161022.jpg
20210909_155232.jpg

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Will you eat them? It looks like you are storing them for that purpose? I thought they were medicinal at best?
No : ) I soak them for 24 hrs to soften. I am doing half in the fridge ( in the bags with dirt ) and half will be planted in buckets and outside for stratification. I tested it last year and trying again this year! The ones that were outside all winter seemed to be a little heartier.

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
they're purdy! but i'm not sure what you mean. :)
They are so pretty!! I am trying again this year! Last year I sprouted and grew 8 but some of them didn't make it to transplant. And I'm not sure if the ones I did transplant will survive the shock or winter! I've heard some people who plant buckeyes say they look like they might be dead but after a year or two perk up lol! So still waiting to see how my 2020 batch will do : )

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are so pretty!! I am trying again this year! Last year I sprouted and grew 8 but some of them didn't make it to transplant. And I'm not sure if the ones I did transplant will survive the shock or winter! I've heard some people who plant buckeyes say they look like they might be dead but after a year or two perk up lol! So still waiting to see how my 2020 batch will do : )

i think if they are in the ground now and still alive they'll be ok. i'm optimistic about trees that are native enough to be able to withstand quite a bit. that you have multiple starts also helps. :)

Cricket

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i think if they are in the ground now and still alive they'll be ok. i'm optimistic about trees that are native enough to be able to withstand quite a bit. that you have multiple starts also helps. :)
I am so excited!!

Latest posts