2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the Little Easy Bean Network growers in Ontario, Canada grew out Munachedda Nera as one of their grow outs. They returned new seed of that bean plus this off type from Munachedda Nera.

Munachedda Nera - Pole Dry
munachedda-nera-bean.jpg

Munachedda Nera 2020 Off Type. Reminds me of the pattern
around the eye of San Antonio.
Munachedda Nera Outcross #2.JPG

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of the Ugandan beans look an awful lot like some of the ones I got from growing the off types in Joe Simcox's Speckled Grey (which adds credence to my theory that that one was a mix of beans as opposed to a single variety) The first one looks like Night Sky, and the second one looks like the smaller sized one I got out of the speckled.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I plan to plant Yellow and Nambale Omumpi beans this year. I got them under slightly different names: Uganda Yellow and Nambale Long, but they look identical.

@Bluejay77
could you ask your Facebook friend if he brought other Nambale beans from Uganda?

I asked the collector of the Uganda beans and he doesn't know of any others but will ask. Perhaps he has contacts in that country. He also says of that red mottled bean that it is actually very common but they say its the lowest quality for eating there. People complain that they are too hard. My Facebook contact says that the yellow bean in Uganda is widespread but its not actually from there which is why there are no native names. They think the yellow ones came from Zimbabwe or Kenya originally.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Recently, I got in touch with the association Bamberger Sortengarten from the German city of Bamberg. They grow and protect local vegetable varieties. They will send me samples of several beans from this region of Germany, including Bamberger Blaue. When they reach me, I'll show them here.

On Monday I received 11 samples of local heirloom beans from the area of the German city of Bamberg.

Dasinger Blaue pole
Dasinger Blaue.jpg

Rotgefleckte aus Neubrunn bush
Rotgefleckte aus Neubrunn.jpg

Erika bush
Erika.jpg

Gelbe Siebenburger pole
Gelbe Siebenbürger.jpg

Panzer Schwarz-Violett pole runner bean
Panzer schwarz violett.jpg

Wachtelbohnen aus Unterfranken pole
Wachtelbohnen aus Unterfranken.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was sunny, I pulled big weeds in the garden and dug out clumps of fescue. The pigs and sheep enjoyed the treats. Today, more of the same. The garden was tilled first of February but needs it again. The fescue clumps bog down the tiller so we are pulling them up. I can’t wait to plant my Black Cattle beans from last year, that aren’t black. LOL And the purple podded green beans,

@BeanWonderin thats a great recycle and idea on the Christmas trees!