2021 Seed Orders

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered seed from this place this year. I have never ordered from them before so this will be an experiment. They have a pretty good selection of vegetable and flower seed with decent descriptions of growing tip and dtm. I have not received the order yet just ordered on Sunday so I think 10 days out or so. Have anybody here ordered from here before?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered seed from this place this year. I have never ordered from them before so this will be an experiment. They have a pretty good selection of vegetable and flower seed with decent descriptions of growing tip and dtm. I have not received the order yet just ordered on Sunday so I think 10 days out or so. Have anybody here ordered from here before?
I looked at them earlier this year but I’ve heard the germination rates are really low.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I got my seeds from Jung (who sent me a complimentary lettuce packet and aster packet!!! :love),and High Mowing.
You know how you take Care of those things that cost you sumfin? I paid a Lot more for these seeds than buying them locally. One of my tomato packages only has 10 seeds!
ALL packages went directly into quart plastic bags until I do something with them. Our biggest seed killer here is humidity.
Going shopping today for 2 more heat mats. $21.00/Menard's vs $25.00/Rural King, and $who Knows at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Jung just bought themselves a return customer.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are so adventurous ordering from so many different seed companies. I only order through Baker Creek cause I hate to pay for shipping for a very small order. Heck sometimes I only want one package and the shipping is more than the seeds!

I ordered my seeds late December and got them first week in January. My goal was to start them January 1 but I was a little late and didn't get around to doing it till January 15.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got my order in to Territorial yesterday and expect it to arrive in two weeks. I showed some amazing self discipline, only ordering what I know we will use and will actually grow well here.
I did get a little distracted by the dwarf mulberry trees... I would have ordered two but they were out of stock. That led me to hunting them down and I found some available at a Tennessee nursery, but at checkout they apologized that they won't ship live plants this far due to the delays in transit. Just as well.
Maybe I'll look for them locally. 😊

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got my order in to Territorial yesterday and expect it to arrive in two weeks. I showed some amazing self discipline, only ordering what I know we will use and will actually grow well here.
I did get a little distracted by the dwarf mulberry trees... I would have ordered two but they were out of stock. That led me to hunting them down and I found some available at a Tennessee nursery, but at checkout they apologized that they won't ship live plants this far due to the delays in transit. Just as well.
Maybe I'll look for them locally. 😊
An acquaintance has one and the mulberries are delicious! Apparently they do well here in Alameda. I've been thinking of getting one but no where to put it.

Mary