5 Wheeler

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
20 Years ago, my wife's 12 year old 2nd cousin in Minn. drove a 3 wheeler down the farm driveway to get the mail like he had done for the past year, when the 3 wheeler fliped over backwards and killed him intantly.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once you own a good one, you will wonder how u lived without one.
Speed-don't need Razor speed (60+ mph) but original gators only went about 10-15 MPH-trust me WAY to slow.
Deere-ok now but pay for green paint.
Polaris-solid but the noisiest of bunch. Great dealer network as does Deere.
Anything close to walking speed (and I'm pretty slow now) is fine with me. I like the idea of the catch-all attached to the back for toting things rather than hauling by wheelbarrow or armload.

I live in Wisconsin, home of the Green Bay Packers, but JD green is not one of my favorite colors especially when paying for that paint is so much more expensive than the red, orange, or yellow painted machine right next to it.

Nothing that "runs like a Deere" is likely to be running on this property unless it is a gift or the price is really, really good. Parts are more expensive just because they fit inside that green paint, too.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think they come out with a much cheaper line, Lowes has them for sale. Kind of like when Cadillac came out with 4 cylinder cimarron

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
No No No. Those sold at a non-John Deere store are not made to the same standards. JD mowers are basically a MTD with green paint. In Indiana none of the box stores sell name brand UTV's.

All UTV's worth having are expensive as well as their parts. Never thought they were worth it till I got one.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Polaris Ranger 500 2WD. 2008 last year they made 2WD. I call it a white elephant because of it. Most want 4WD to take them muddying. PolAris has a good engine, good rep, good dealers. Mine is noisier than Deeres (belt). Could be belt is stretched as it was used to sell 2009 4WD models. Top speed is 37 mph. For me fast enough-but I do use the speed at times. Known people to upset razors that can go 60 mph.
It has receiver to hook trailers, etc up to pull elsewhere so you can haul a lot with additional trailer.
I use it for planting plots, picking up rocks, spraying, hauling things, and daughter uses it for sight seeing with dog in country.