90's.... all WEEK!!! ARGH!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally turned the AC on tonight. I'm DYING! No matter what I do, I am roasting. The humidity is way high, and I was outside at 5pm and it was still 91 out. We'll be lucky to see 83 this weekend as our low.

:th

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, right straight into summer now. We've had mid-80s this week, but it's been breezy, just a little humid.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know.... I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to save the tomato plants I just stuck in the ground!! They're just lil guys cos I didn't have enough grow pots to give them each their own... so we hardened them off and stuck 'em in the ground so they would grow again!

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
NO SYMPATHY from me!!!!!

It is a week away from June and I am still in thermals and wool socks. There is still smoke coming out of chimneys as I drive down the street. Haven't seen the sun in weeks. It did get bright grey over the weekend though. So if you would care to send some warmth up the coast......

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I finally turned the AC on tonight. I'm DYING! No matter what I do, I am roasting. The humidity is way high, and I was outside at 5pm and it was still 91 out. We'll be lucky to see 83 this weekend as our low.

Although we're going to get hot here, too, eventually (probably next week!) this is precisely why I don't live down south, I just can't take the heat and humidity. I hate it. I'd much rather have to pull on socks, shoes and a jacket to garden than swelter, dodging the sun, watching the weeds grow because I just can't take it out there in the heat. You have my sympathies!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gonna be HOT here, too.
As I see it, the 10 day forecast shapes up to be about 811 degrees.
Yup, that sounds about right ... *melting*

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
vfem said:

Although we're going to get hot here, too, eventually (probably next week!) this is precisely why I don't live down south, I just can't take the heat and humidity. I hate it. I'd much rather have to pull on socks, shoes and a jacket to garden than swelter, dodging the sun, watching the weeds grow because I just can't take it out there in the heat. You have my sympathies!
And this is exactly why I WANT to RETURN to the Pacific Northwest!! That's weather I LIKE!!! :)

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SweetMissDaisy said:
Reinbeau said:
vfem said:

And this is exactly why I WANT to RETURN to the Pacific Northwest!! That's weather I LIKE!!! :)
Cuh-razy!! It may be hot and humid down here... but you couldn't pay me to move back to the snow! LOL

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
SweetMissDaisy said:
Reinbeau said:
Cuh-razy!! It may be hot and humid down here... but you couldn't pay me to move back to the snow! LOL
BINGO!

I did grow up in Connecticut, and even lived in the Valley of Mt. Washington in NH. I think I am happiest here. I do get the majority of my prep work for the garden done all winter since its mild, in the summer I just sit back and enjoy the view. Problem is I do it mostly watching out the window! LOL

I have to admit the evenings here are amazing. It was wonderful last night, and hubby and I walked down to the pond and watched the water when the temps were just right and a light breeze. The heat made my night bloomers smell wonderful, and it was an awesome sense of peace and perfection at that hour. :)