a bizarre chicken

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
this chicken is supposed to be a silver laced Wyandotte. I don't know what he is, but he's not that. he walks like he's walking on stilts. he has a big humped back. his feathers a very long & he has a rose comb. he is just starting to crow & it sounds like some sick bull frog. he is growing bigger than his peers. I think he might be chicken Godzilla.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Walks on stilts...
Humped back....
Long feathers.....

8721_th.jpg
Emu???

:p

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
that must be it cane - I've got an emu!

I will try to get pics that show how odd he is.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
BJ, I got SLW chicks in March. When they feathered out, they were the most ugly, God-forsaken thing I ever saw. I got screwed. No way these hideous feathered gizmos were my beloved Silver Laced Wyandottes. In a panic, I posted pics on the SLW thread on BYC, where I was assured that I did indeed have SLW chicks, that was a stage they went through. I had one rooster in the bunch and gave him away a few weeks ago. He was no looker, but as I understand, sometimes they don't come into their full color plumage until after they molt the first time. So you are looking at the pictures on the internet of these stately, beautiful, SLW roosters, then looking at the freaky feathered weirdo that is eating his head off in your coop. No wonder you are worried. I was too. Post us a picture!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're not joking? They have meat that looks and tastes like beef. They grow huge and need a tall fence. I have always wanted to raise some. They are very expensive to buy a breeding pair.
bj taylor said:
that must be it cane - I've got an emu!

I will try to get pics that show how odd he is.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm sorry, yes, i'm joking. it is not an emu. it is a chicken. but it is the oddest chicken I've ever seen. with the humped back, scrunched up shoulders & odd walk i'm pretty sure he is a genetic malfunction. we haven't told him yet & i'm sure he will taste as good as the others.