A Confession to make

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have had a horrible gardening summer. With my new career, I'm so scattered, combine that with building the chicken coop, moving the gardens and going back and forth to the house in Maine my gardens are an absolute mess this year. Seriously, I don't even want to go out there, and that just isn't like me. Overwhelmed. I'm hoping next spring with things settled down a bit it will be better.

poppycat

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:hugs Well it happens! We didn't have the best year either. That's the cool thing about gardening is there is always next year!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope next spring works out for you..... I lost any chance of gardening this year to poor soil and extreme heat.... I will try again next year and if that fail I will try again next year and the next and the next.... I wanted chickens too and have been researching them for about two years now..but just don't feel ready.... good luvck!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No worries... I felt the same way... New house, TONS of grass and nothing but a white box I call home sitting in the middle of it all. It was overwhelming and I didn't get far at all. :rolleyes:

But that's life... new seasons will come and you will collect yourself.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sometimes, we do get overwhelmed don't we? My garden was the opposite. It did really well and kept me so busy. Honestly, I was glad to see it go. :p

But, I still can't wait for next year...

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Every single year, I just can't wait for the next year when I will have a REALLY perfect garden ;)

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ann has a beautiful vegetable garden that most of us would kill for.
So if this was a disappointing year for you I can't wait to see your gardens in a good year!!

I spent so much time in my garden and all I really did well with was the tomatos and peppers.
Everything else left much to be desired, especially the squash.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, thank you, Natalie. But really, it wasn't as good as it has been. Next year it should be good. I'll have all that nice chicken compost to spread and most projects finished. I'll be happy when it's all turned over this fall, a blank slate!

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Every single year, I just can't wait for the next year when I will have a REALLY perfect garden ;)
Me too. Oh well, the best intentions...

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Bad year here too. I thought I was going to have a better garden this year now that my son is 6 and a little more independent. But I didn't get the fencing done, we still have too much shade, the chickens found a way to get at the tomatoes on the deck. The only decent crop I'll have is my chili peppers. Maybe next year....

Latest posts