A few garden pictures (plus an extra or ten)

PennyG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
What a great space you have there and knowing that you can expand, even better.
Brutus is such a cutie too~~!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have mouch more patience then I! That field alone looks like a LOT of work to me. :/

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
PennyG said:
What a great space you have there and knowing that you can expand, even better.
Brutus is such a cutie too~~!
Thank You

Southern Gardener said:
Beautiful place! Love the pup!
Thank You

vfem said:
You have mouch more patience then I! That field alone looks like a LOT of work to me. :/
Its not that much work, you just start the tractor, hook up the correct implement (brush hog) and get to mowing.

Mjd

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Your garden looks so good. Love the dog. What a face?

As for the chickens not telling you about the chicken poo - well, you just gotta know - its a girl thang. They could not help it so therefore they should not suffer any repercussions.

I do have a question. How did you end up with only four corn stalks? I know there is a story there.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
2dream said:
Your garden looks so good. Love the dog. What a face?

As for the chickens not telling you about the chicken poo - well, you just gotta know - its a girl thang. They could not help it so therefore they should not suffer any repercussions.

I do have a question. How did you end up with only four corn stalks? I know there is a story there.
It was an experiment to see if they would grow out of nothing but horse manure. The horse manure had been sitting there for a couple of year. There are ears of corn on them now. Next spring, I will probably plant 100 or more with amended soil. That particlular watermelon patch is nothing but horse manure. I will say that it is doing as well as the one in the amended soil.

Mjd

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We have a source of horse manure. Stable right down the road just piles it up. We went this year with the tractor and trailer and loaded up. DH is talking about going back for a couple more loads to sit here until next year. Never thougth about just trying to grow something in that alone. Looks like your experiment is working out pretty good.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
2dream said:
We have a source of horse manure. Stable right down the road just piles it up. We went this year with the tractor and trailer and loaded up. DH is talking about going back for a couple more loads to sit here until next year. Never thougth about just trying to grow something in that alone. Looks like your experiment is working out pretty good.
Its very well composted, dirt like texture, unlike the piles I have composting. One thing, it took longer for the plants to start growing fast than it did with just plain dirt with manure mixed in. I like good dirt & manure better than I like just old manure.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How are you keeping your melons off the ground? With the boards? All my c antelopes look rotten on the bottom and they are not ready to pick yet.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
How are you keeping your melons off the ground? With the boards? All my c antelopes look rotten on the bottom and they are not ready to pick yet.
Well, so far I have a bunch of little bitty ones about the size of the tip of my pinky finger. When they start to grow like the one in the picture that is actually growing I am going to put them on a piece of wood. I dont know iffin thats a good or bad thing to do but I cant see as it would hurt them any

Latest posts