A Fungus among us???

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
insiderart said:
Yah just looks like the plants underwent a little drought... some of the tips were permanently damaged. It's good to stress your plants prior to planting in the garden. We always would let them drought to a crook and then water.. holding back on the water and stressing them signals the plants to toughen their cell wall structures and cease that crazy happy green growth so common in green houses. The hardened plants suffer much less transplant shock and death than the tender fast growers that were not hardened.
On purpose?? This always happens to mine on accident, poor things! :watering Good to know it doesnt permanently stunt them or something!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
warmfuzzies said:
insiderart said:
Yah just looks like the plants underwent a little drought... some of the tips were permanently damaged. It's good to stress your plants prior to planting in the garden. We always would let them drought to a crook and then water.. holding back on the water and stressing them signals the plants to toughen their cell wall structures and cease that crazy happy green growth so common in green houses. The hardened plants suffer much less transplant shock and death than the tender fast growers that were not hardened.
On purpose?? This always happens to mine on accident, poor things! :watering Good to know it doesnt permanently stunt them or something!
They say its good to learn from your mistakes... I guess this is one of those good things your mistake can do! LOL

:lol:

insiderart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Now realize everyone that I am only referring to tomatoes here! You need to harden your other types of plants by putting them in a sheltered area outside for a few days. Then move them to a place that's a little bit sunnier for a few days.... They then should be ready to go into the garden.

Latest posts