A laugh for Lucky...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I'm still sorta new to the garden game, but I don't mind weeding. Of course I have a cheering section 'egg-ing' me on. The chickens have learned that if they see me with 'the big blue bucket' they are soon going to have piles and piles of weeds to dig through so they crowd along the fence and raise a racket. :gig I even find myself saying things like "OH! Here's a really big juicy one, the girls are going to love this."

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
thistlebloom said:
Funny sign, and I'd like one like that. Trouble is, nobody ever comes over. :( Weeding is such a lonely job!
X2!!
No one comes around here either.... unless they have a WRITTEN invitation!!!! :( I have told people they don't need a reason to come visit! But then again, I really could care less if they come to my house. :p

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
No one comes around here either.... unless they have a WRITTEN invitation!!!! :( I have told people they don't need a reason to come visit! But then again, I really could care less if they come to my house. :p
The people that expect a written invitation (your family) are the same ones I would rather not have around anyway ;)

hit submit...don't hit submit...flip a coin............submit it is,,,damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some time ago Dews mother was over to visit. When she left I told Dew that her mother must have walked home because her broom was still in the corner. I guess I got more chuckles out of it then Dew did :/

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
dewdropsinwv said:
The people that expect a written invitation (your family) are the same ones I would rather not have around anyway ;)

hit submit...don't hit submit...flip a coin............submit it is,,,damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!!!!
:thumbsup :yuckyuck I could care less if most of them came around myself!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it most of US or most of THEM?

Folks, family included, rarely stop out here. It seem that ever since we moved to the sticks we have been the ones to visit. Our parents, sisters, brothers, daughter, uncles, etc. Seldom do any of these come here to visit. If it were not for the fact DS works out of our wood shop I'd probably not see anyone for weeks at a time.

Still, in most cases I think I much prefer weeding to company (grandchildren are not included in the company class).

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
Is it most of US or most of THEM?

Folks, family included, rarely stop out here. It seem that ever since we moved to the sticks we have been the ones to visit. Our parents, sisters, brothers, daughter, uncles, etc. Seldom do any of these come here to visit. If it were not for the fact DS works out of our wood shop I'd probably not see anyone for weeks at a time.

Still, in most cases I think I much prefer weeding to company (grandchildren are not included in the company class).
That would have to be most of THEM smart red! I am the one who has to do the visiting. I'm sorry but the road runs BOTH WAYS!!!! I get tired of being the one who has to use MY GAS to go visit people in the family. I like to stay home a lot because there is A LOT of drama in my family. I need a sign that says

Drama free zone
Leave YOUR drama at HOME.
Thanks.

Our Daughter stops in when she can,,,, she works 6 days a week.

My mother doesnt drive ( no car ) even if she did she would NOT come here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
I swear you two are better than Burns & Allen! :gig
You might be old but you ain't that olde!

Happiness is having a loving, close knit family in another city. - George Burns

Steve

Latest posts