A Life For A Life

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been 6 days my chicks lost in mail no way they can still be alive. My nephew who has a cruel streak said to me if you didn't buy them they would be alive now :hit This morning while still dark I left for work the motion lights lite up driveway to my car. I was shocked at what I saw, a kitten with arched back and every hair standing up was trying to face down a fox. The fox was about 4 feet away most likely thinking about kitten breakfast. I yelled and fox ran away I expected feral kitten to do the same. Instead he made a bees line straight for me screaming meows rubbing my legs. He is all black about 4 mths old rack of bones missing top part of ear and end of tail. This was not a wild kitten at time he knew people, I could not leave him for the fox. Luckly I still had carrier in back of car from visit to chicken breeder. On way to work I called my vets cell ( spend enough money and your vet will give you cell )Met her at hospital she thinks kitten must be very sick to be so skinny. I had her draw blood to send to lab also doing fecal check, kitten is hospitalize on fluids. I will make my decision what to do based on blood work. All ready cost me several hundred dollars.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been 6 days my chicks lost in mail no way they can still be alive. My nephew who has a cruel streak said to me if you didn't buy them they would be alive now :hit This morning while still dark I left for work the motion lights lite up driveway to my car. I was shocked at what I saw, a kitten with arched back and every hair standing up was trying to face down a fox. The fox was about 4 feet away most likely thinking about kitten breakfast. I yelled and fox ran away I expected feral kitten to do the same. Instead he made a bees line straight for me screaming meows rubbing my legs. He is all black about 4 mths old rack of bones missing top part of ear and end of tail. This was not a wild kitten at time he knew people, I could not leave him for the fox. Luckly I still had carrier in back of car from visit to chicken breeder. On way to work I called my vets cell ( spend enough money and your vet will give you cell )Met her at hospital she thinks kitten must be very sick to be so skinny. I had her draw blood to send to lab also doing fecal check, kitten is hospitalize on fluids. I will make my decision what to do based on blood work. All ready cost me several hundred dollars.
Better than being eaten.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chicks are lost and presumed dead. This starved kitten is about to be a fox meal, you save it, it runs to you and you take it to vet. Does anyone else besides me see this? I have a name for your new kitty-Chickie.
What i just realized both chickens and kitten jet black

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dr called some of Chickie's test in. She was surprised at results. Other then liver and kidney numbers being a little high normal. Stravtion could be why there high. He must have been living off bugs. Heavy round worm load. She wants to keep him hospitalized for a day or 2 more. 2 rescue said there over loaded with kittens from summer, no one will want him with missing ear and tail put him to sleep.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you are keeping Chickie, I presume? :love With his missing tip of ear and lack of a complete tail, he is bound to be the most extraordinary kitty ever, not to mention his future missing dangly manly parts. You are right, no one would want him and he would be put down. Chickie chose YOU. He ran straight to YOU and he is YOURS forever. ;) Can't wait to see pictures of him. :thumbsup