A Rainy Night ;o)

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:thumbsup Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I especially love the lightening picture from the ship. My daughter had taken some amazing pictures while out to sea. Views that many will only ever see from a photograph.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn't that a great rain we got last night?
I got jerked awake sometime in the wee hours by a terrific clap of thunder that must have been right next door! It took my heart a few minutes to stop pounding. It seemed to go along with a strange dream I was having which made it even more alarming.

Today was a beauty, kinda windy but I love the changes of clouds to sunny blue sky and back again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kinda windy!? Well, at least it was very warm, Thistle'. Gusts above 45mph.

I'm not sure when this was filmed in the last 48 hours . . . They showed it on the Weather Channel this morning. The guy was so thorough in his copyright statement that I'm not comfortable directly linking the YouTube video. How does that make much sense?? If you want it private - YouTube will do that for you . . .

Anyway, I recognized the south end of the lake but couldn't think of where he was filming your storm and almost for sure, that storm came right over your house, Thistle'. (Let him try to copyright a storm, eh :rolleyes:?")

Quite impressive rainstorm, and a lovely view from . . . . Lakeview. You can almost see how dry it has been even tho' that isn't really shown. The camera is at 2,800 feet. I lived down the road, without the lake view :/, for several years -- about 300 feet lower in the valley.

Enjoy: Rainstorm, (link) Lake Pend Oreille :)

Steve

edited to say: by the way folks in the Upper Midwest - the weather you have this morning, this is where it was not all that long ago.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been almost 90 degrees here in the afternoons. Across the lake even hotter. Strange. Misty mornings too.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Egad! It was down to 39 last night!! :ep

The high for today is 75 tho, so, not too terrible. It's time to finish the hoop houses that's for sure!! We ran out of the clamps, so we'll have to get some more when we get paid, until then, I'm sure they will be just fine with the plastic laid over top. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a little more rain yesterday afternoon. Below freezing now. I'm glad it didn't rain into darkness here because the roads managed to dry. A little higher, a little later rain, a few curves in the road :/ -- I bet there is some black ice out there somewhere to surprise drivers this morning!

Here in the West, rain is coming up from northern California. I'm not sure what it will amount to at my home but I suspect Reno, Nevada would not be a good place to be today or tomorrow.

Grab your skis and head to Sun Valley later in the week!! And, if you are thinking about taking a little side-trip to Stanley, Idaho -- they are expecting 6 below zero by Friday morning :cool:.

Steve