a rumor going round ```

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rain has stopped but the wind is still bad. Water in the cellar. We have never really lost power but lots of people will be out for a while. Trees came down across the dirt road next to our house and took out the power to the 8 houses up the lane. A couple guys came and cut the trees off of the lines so they could get in and out. Crazy but the town and power company would not have gotten to it for a long time.. Very risky but the downed line, laying in my yard, must be dead or they would be. We are staying away from it to be on the safe sine. The tree took out part of our vegetable garden fence, so that will be a chore to fix. The tree belongs to the next worn over that owns the land near us for wells. I am sure they would clean up the mess but with the mess in the whole state I am not willing to wait weeks for them to get to it. One the wire is safe we will just do it ourselves. A giant tree came down in my daylily fields. That tree belongs to the neighbor that does not like us. Her old rickety fence came down with it. Another mess. I hope they clean it up but my husband really does not want them walking through out daylily beds. We will give them a couple days and then clean it up.. All in all not too bad.. If we didn't have power we would be in a world of hurt with the cellar flooded. We better invest in a generator for the next time.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Quote catfish
all i was saying the primary power distribution panel is cluttered, and if i was an inspector would make you clean it up and up to code...
according to nec 2017 book.... and yes i understand grounding and bonding... have been doing wiring for the last 14 years ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
No catfish ~ that's not what " you was saying"

Your were saying ~ or trying to imply ~ I don't know how to connect a ground or common ~ or had done something unsafe ~ and that's bullship ~

I put that Square D box in ~ in the 70s ~ and have added buildings and subpanels and such ```

Glad you have experience ~ I have as well ~ I've run crews ~ with sparkies that had every bit of working knowledge as yourself ~ never has one been able to second guess me ```

I'm learned from them ~ they've learned from me ~ but never have I anyone found me wanting or unsafe ~ nor have you ```

What you say ~ you'v had 14 years experience ~ you've just started ~ some of us have had ~ times that ~ here and in other countries ~ in both new work and repairs ```

I don't think you're a bumhole catfish ~ but ~ in this case you'r full of shiip ````

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you're okay @catjac1975 . Sorry about the big mess, that's going to be labor intensive for sure.
Is that big tree something you could use for firewood?
All are white pine. Good for starting a fire but, we normally don't use it. I am worried about the bad neighbor not cleaning it up, and then complaining that we stole her wood.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quote catfish
all i was saying the primary power distribution panel is cluttered, and if i was an inspector would make you clean it up and up to code...
according to nec 2017 book.... and yes i understand grounding and bonding... have been doing wiring for the last 14 years ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
No catfish ~ that's not what " you was saying"

Your were saying ~ or trying to imply ~ I don't know how to connect a ground or common ~ or had done something unsafe ~ and that's bullship ~

I put that Square D box in ~ in the 70s ~ and have added buildings and subpanels and such ```

Glad you have experience ~ I have as well ~ I've run crews ~ with sparkies that had every bit of working knowledge as yourself ~ never has one been able to second guess me ```

I'm learned from them ~ they've learned from me ~ but never have I anyone found me wanting or unsafe ~ nor have you ```

What you say ~ you'v had 14 years experience ~ you've just started ~ some of us have had ~ times that ~ here and in other countries ~ in both new work and repairs ```

I don't think you're a bumhole catfish ~ but ~ in this case you'r full of shiip ````
Well that’s your opinion and that’s okay stay safe

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Back on the high desert ~ a couple pictures to show the contrast ~ between the Sierra Nevada and here ~ on the high range ```
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG

Latest posts