A sister story

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell a story about a sister. She's mine. My "big" sister.When we were little she was always my protector, against neighborhood bullies, enthusiastically teasing big brothers, scary t.v. shows ;) . She would even take the blame for bad things I did when mom and dad found out, to save me from a swat on the tush. And I'm
ashamed to say that I let her.
Well, we're all grown up now and she's still my big sister. She knows that work has been slow to non-existent for my husband and my business is seasonal so Christmas was gonna be on the lean side. We're doing alright, you know, the bills are getting paid, we have enough to eat, every one of us had presents to open... all in all , so very, very, much to be thankful for.
So we agreed that we would leave Christmas between us to cards and photos.
The day before Christmas Fed-Ex pulled up with 4 boxes. All from my sister in Missouri. Well lets just say that she sacrificially went out of her way to send us huge hugs in boxes.
A year ago she was diagnosed with ovarian and uterine cancer...and on her chemo days she would take care packages to the women she shared the "chemo room"with and stayed in contact with some of them when their treatments ended
She's doing well, but we all know the uncertainty of the future...:/
Anyway, what I wanted to say ,is that she is absolutely the most generous and kind person I have ever known, and I'm sure I must have been left in a basket on the doorstep. ;)
She's my best friend and my inspiration and it's my wish that we all have someone like her in our life.
Happy New Year and God Bless you all.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a blessing to have a sister like then when we see so many disfunctional families all around us these days.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a nice account. Made me smile to read it. It's really something special when siblings can be so close throughout life. A sister is a friend for life! I love both of mine too! :bouquet

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
And I am sure, she is just as lucky to have you! I love my brother, but I sure wish I had a sister! Cherish her. Happy New Year to you and your family!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure glad I look at old topics! Thistle, your sister is very special! She has people who love her that don't even know her name! Me! I sure hope all is well for her!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, how did I miss this thread? You made me teary eyed. :( You are so blessed to have her in your life and I'm sure she is too. I love to hear about beautiful things in life.

Wishing her a long and happy life.

Mary