digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Time well spent.

vincent-jpg.8615

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a complete and total waste of time, money and effort!!! Now, if he was planting food in that space while making it that artful, I could see it, but spending that much of your life and time over something like this that will yield absolutely nothing but 15 min. of fame and half your precious year gone?

There are about a million other more worthy things to do with one's time that could help other people, humanity, the community, etc.

Sorry, but as impressive as that much skill and dedication is, I'm not impressed with how totally useless it actually is. You can only appreciate it from the sky! :rolleyes:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed different people do different things.

the article said "native plants and natural materials" so i'd consider it a likely gain for that space in the longer term.

perhaps watching the video at the end will help you understand some of what is going on there for him and for many potential other people who will see that into the future. if it inspires them to do some gardening and to make some art for their own happiness and the happiness of others i'm all for it.

considering the way the world is going i think it could use a lot more projects like this to show the more positive aspects and to integrate art and gardening... it is much better than yet another parking lot or strip mall...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
van Gogh was just wasting his time ..

. until ..

. he pulled that trigger.

Steve

erm, while i appreciate that different people have different tastes in art that's a pretty extreme statement. :( i do have to admit though that i know nothing about his life - i've never read up on him or what he did.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
He was ..

. "Vincent
This world was never meant
For one as beautiful as you"

Starry, starry night

starrynight_vangogh-1.jpg

Steve

Latest posts