After Taxes

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Property taxes are high in the county we just moved to, but even the end of nowhere roads we live on are maintained. Next county over, lower property taxes, their county roads make the news because they look like minefields.

Do you have a job? Ever had a job? Do you own anything as a result of your hard work? You are so screwed ....... pay up!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's put the blame where it belongs. It's not this BIG entity called government but the people we elect as THEY line their pockets with money, perks, retirement benefits, etc. So next politician you see, know he has his hands in your pocket-& he knows no political allegiance. For those that think he does, when is last time either party campaigned, brought forth bills to limit/stop their gravy train. In fact, one party -who claims to be against large government voted themselves a automatic, lifetime yearly raises. It's not a party thing, it's a greed thing-they are in that same boat.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now now Nyboy ... remember that the bleeding hearts say that you have to pay your "fair share " of taxes ! Also, why are you trying to burden the person with 4 kids by having them pay more taxes then you ? That is limiting their reproduction rights ??? Priests and nuns have taken a chastity and poverty oaths and they have to pay their "fair share" of taxes too after all. :eek:
I thought priests and nuns where tax exempt. Every time I have raised my prices i do have a few clients that leave, but mostly they are the ones, i want to get rid of anyway. @Lavender2 I know your right we all do benefit from a educated population, just with April 15 so close, needed to bitch.will soon get call from accountant on how much lower my bank account now is.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not tax free, just SS free IF they opt out.

Church is, not employees.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's put the blame where it belongs. It's not this BIG entity called government but the people we elect as THEY line their pockets with money, perks, retirement benefits, etc. So next politician you see, know he has his hands in your pocket-& he knows no political allegiance. For those that think he does, when is last time either party campaigned, brought forth bills to limit/stop their gravy train. In fact, one party -who claims to be against large government voted themselves a automatic, lifetime yearly raises. It's not a party thing, it's a greed thing-they are in that same boat.

Sometimes though we do elect trustworthy individuals who start out having their constituents best interests at heart. Then they go to D.C. and are overcome by the atmosphere there and they change. I heard this admission direct from a politicians mouth. He said it's extremely difficult to resist the pull of the "dark" side.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Use to believe that. Now just an excuse....the devil made me do it.... Bull, we are just seeing inside their souls.

They never refund or turn down the $$$$$$$

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't get me going on any of this. We're going to be bumped off of Covered California over to Medi Cal cus our AGI or even MAGI was not high enough to keep the ACA coverage. WHY? Property taxes of over $12K a year, loss of rental income when I had to evict the renters due to their DD coming down with cancer (don't worry, I let them skip and pay much less but enough was enuf), medical expenses in excess of $12K even with the ACA, the rural fire tax of $150, and so forth and so forth.

Gas was a big expense cus DH had to travel to finding painting work, cell phones were cut to the bone for savings, we investigated dropping cable, but DH was adamant, I'm able to grow a bit of our food when the deer don't get to it first, water bill is min of $112.67 with a small alotment but we go over every summer even with things on drip and a small patch of grass, I help DD with some things since they live in Arkansas and the social help there is pretty minimal for their necessities, I pay the auto insurance for DS since his rent in San Jose is outrageous, and so on.

In the meantime we are funding countries with whom we have poor relations, we don't seem to be able to figure out how to buy anything with any sort of sensibility, we squash the American small business cus of the ever increasingly taxes and restrictions, and we don't want to or know how to anymore, take care of our own selves here in the United States.

Its shameful what our elected leaders really do behind closed doors.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Its shameful what our elected leaders really do behind closed doors." said @murphysranch.

It is shameful! Today I stopped to pick up my prescriptions. There was a price increase from last time. The Pharmacy ran the meds through my part D insurance. Billing for one med was $386 and another $294. Since I choose to pay directly without going through my part D, my bill for the first med ran $83 and the second $69. That came to [well] under $200 for five different medications for three months. It certainly pays to shop around if you are on meds. Other area pharmacies, including the well-known ones, were $200 - $300 for one month's supply.

What a waste of money the government forces upon insurance companies. If I can purchase meds for that more resonable price -- and I am guessing the pharmacy is still making a profit -- why must insurances pay the grossly over-priced cost? Of course, that cost is passed on to the consumer through ever higher part D insurance payments.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, One of my sisters in law , now retired, was a registered nurse who was hired by an insurance company to audit hospitals all over Cal. regarding their hospital bills for overpricing . Almost every bill was overpriced by the hospitals so that they could cover the mandated costs of the uninsured walk in emergency visits as well as surgeries , hospital stay,and medications by uninsured illegals , uninsured homeless, uninsnsured gangland shooting victims , uninsured drug overdose persons, uninsured runaways (girls often pregnant), and any other uninsured person for sniffles, headache or minor booboo accident. So the insurance companies overcharge on covered prescription drugs and health insurance especially on Govertment type mandated ones ( part D, obamacare, etc.) to YOU and ME to cover every other loss that they endure.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same thing was on news last night. 9 Dr arrested they where offering low income families free shoes to come in and have test they didn't need run. Insurance companies paid out over 7 million to them.

Latest posts