@aftermidnight

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While everyone is nice to you, let it be known that I planned on kicking your back side and capture the title of best New Yorker tomato from you. Started them inside, planted them in prime spot in garden early so they would have been given plenty of time to develop. Then you sent 3 days of Canadian temps our way. I covered first 2, forgot the 3rd-they weren’t calling for anything that cold on day 3-So much for accurate weather (I think he was from the south-can’t trust those pea pickers).
Soooo, next year I plan on doing it. Which means you need to stay around this site so I can do it... (Side note-wish it wish it was a more useful tomato than a determinate but we Nawtherners can adapt and over come.).

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary

All the fuss is about :rainbowflower. That's my thinking, anyway ;).

The New Yorker is lightning quick for producing a nice, medium-size tomato. NYBoy sent me seeds twice. I cannot NOT grow it each year :).

Steve
He started the challenge. We voted that she had best. Now it’s time (next year) to dethrone the queen....she has been warned.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Her New Yorker tomato was catalog picture perfect. Seed, you ain’t gonna beat her!
Oh ye of little faith. Yes, it was. But I was robbed. MINE was unique in that the fruit I got was funny shaped with unique blemishes. Then the plant died.. I was robbed, I tell you......

Latest posts