All American 925 Canner Advice?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I ain't goin' to lie...

I'm intimidated! :rolleyes:

It keeps staring at me walking around the kitchen, like a wrestler... I need to be confident to take this thing on! :lol:

I downloaded the manual though, going to sit and get through the beginning.

I was suggested to use a pea size amount of vaseline on the seal for an easier removal of the lid. So going to have to do that too before I run a test tonight.

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I would be intimidated too, vfem...I want a pressure canner, but I picture myself wearing one of those heavy suits that the bomb squad people wear...walking up quietly to the stove with a riot shield in front of me, scared to death the thing is going to explode in my face!! :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I would be intimidated too, vfem...I want a pressure canner, but I picture myself wearing one of those heavy suits that the bomb squad people wear...walking up quietly to the stove with a riot shield in front of me, scared to death the thing is going to explode in my face!! :lol:
Bingo! That's what I'm talking about!!! :gig

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I admit, I haven't pressure canned with mine yet, but have done a lot of water bath canning in it.

Gotta work up the nerve still to do the whole pressure canning thing.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think a certain amount of fear is a good thing. It will make you more careful. But you can handle it vfem. It's a tag team match. Just tag hubby and tell him he's in the "ring"! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congradulations Vfem! Isn't it great when you get a great deal on something that is practically new? I know the feeling when hubby says to go ahead and get it.

Last weekend I saw the tumbler compost bin at Costco for $99. I had been wanting one but the small ones were around $250. I was scared to get the costco one because I wasn't prepared to pay that kind of money. I hadn't saved any but my husband said to get it since it was a good price and I've been wanting one. My old compost bin was just to hard for me to turn.

Very grateful for great husbands!

Mary

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't have that much clearance over my stove top, but in any case I was planning to use the canner outside on a propane burner, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-CS14-Portable-Single-Burner/dp/B00080MJ3I

But I will probably chicken out and just do water bath canning for a while. :)

Not sure what we're afraid of, exactly? It has an emergency pressure release, right?

-Wendy

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
beavis said:
Not sure what we're afraid of, exactly? It has an emergency pressure release, right?

True!

Unless that gets clogged.......
You are not squashing my fears! :lol:

Latest posts