All American 925 Canner Advice?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stop it, everybody!! If you have a pressure canner, use it!! Try a few things, read the directions... remember how nervous we were the first time we water bathed? Read the book, do exactly what it says, and voila! You will be an old pro, in no time! I think that thing looks wicked intimidating- but trust me, you can do it! I do love using mine outside on the propane burner.
Hey, Ninny, let us know how your composter is working....

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm reading directions, and hubby is coming to sit down and make sure I don't freak. (I'm such a girl)

Going to lube first... I listed to advice & the manual!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I did it and nothing blew up!

However, the canner didn't come with the weight regulation device it was supposed to have. So, other then waterbath canning right now, I will have to order the regulator (if I know where to find it) and then wait. (pardon the pun!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, done and ordered from Amazon!

Should be here the 17th! :D

Hooray!!!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
beavis said:
Not sure what we're afraid of, exactly? It has an emergency pressure release, right?

True!

Unless that gets clogged.......
That almost never happens but it's a common fear. In order to get around that the All American doesn't use a pressure relief valve. Instead they use a rubber plug (actually silicon) that blows out when the pressure gets dangerous. It may fill the house with steam but unless you were standing right over it you wouldn't get burned. The All American is also very thick. It would take a really high pressure to do it any harm.