Almost Took Them To The Pound

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
had that happen to me but with collard greens, asparagus and an orange tree.. but once the dog started ripping clothes off the line... buh bye doggie

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
After work last night I let my dogs out into my fenced backyard. When I heard lots of barking I looked out a window to see my dogs playing. One had a stick and was runing around, the others chasing her trying to get the stick. A game they play often with balls and toys. As I was watching them it dawned on me, the stick was my potted lemon tree. The lemon tree was in a pot on my patio, it was flowering and had 5 lemons I was hopping would ripen.Bad dogs!!!
reading this at first I thought that was cute playing with sticks than realized thats your plant ! Happened to me few times until I put fencing around it !

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
this dog who was the culprit is a spayed female. we got her as companion to our neutered male. she adores him and does her job as companion to him very well. we paid way too much for her & got taken to the cleaners by the breeder. I suspect she will have a shortened life span due to structural problems.
last year she played 10 of my chickens to death. my chickens now roam all over the place & she never pays them any attention. I will never trust her with the goats. we built a fence that is very great, but the two gates into our back yard are not so great. I thought she had opened the gate, but it turns out the goats opened it.
we're replacing the gates.
it's hard. I would rather not have her, but once we take an animal, I feel we are responsible for her. I can't see taking her to the pound. we try to be careful with her that she doesn't get out front because I don't want her hurting someone's pet. she isn't as responsive to training as sam has been. she this happy goofy girl that can't seem to stay out of trouble. she's only 2 1/2 so she's not really grown yet. maybe time will solve some of our problems.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
BJ I really admire you, so many people get a pet then dump it when the going gets rough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A very well know shep breeder once told me they don.t start using their brain till about 3 years old.

Latest posts