Amaryllis bulbs

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sgtsheart said:
Which version of barbeque Pat? <snip>

P.S. I have a pretty good recipe for green tomato parmagiana, ever had it?
By preference the eastern Carolina version, just pig with some vinegar and hot pepper sauce put on it. (I actually have a stove-and-oven recipe for making household size amounts of a pretty fair imitation, if anyone wants). But the Western Carolina version is pretty ok too, especially sine I haven't had either in years. <drool>

Green tomato parmigiana sounds interesting. Never thought of doing that. Do you make it like chicken or veal parmigiana only w/ fried tomatoes?

Apologies to whomever was trying to talk about amaryllises :p

Pat

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You make the green tomato parmagiana as you would eggplant parmagiana. I like both, but eggplant is so fussy about it's prep....soaking it and all.

I think it's okay to hijack my own thread, not sure. :hu

I did buy one amaryllis bulb with very little growth. Walmart was loaded with em when I went back...so glad they "don't carry them" as their garden person told me! :rolleyes: It likes my kitchen window.
Y'all have an awesome day!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sgtsheart said:
You make the green tomato parmagiana as you would eggplant parmagiana. I like both, but eggplant is so fussy about it's prep....soaking it and all.

I think it's okay to hijack my own thread, not sure.

I did buy one amaryllis bulb with very little growth. Walmart was loaded with em when I went back...so glad they "don't carry them" as their garden person told me! :rolleyes: It likes my kitchen window.
Y'all have an awesome day!
ROTFL - sorry, I need to keep better track of who says what :p:p:p

I will have to try the green tomato parmigiana. Either next year (all the ones in my kitchen are now red) or... hm... I'm leaving for my family's house in Pennsylvania tomorrow for a pre-holiday visit, I bet mom still has some green ones in the basement...

Enjoy your amaryllis!

Pat

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My amaryllis is starting to bloom! It wasn't labeled on the package, but I think it's gonna be a red/white candy stripe one. Two stalks. I tied them loosely together today, using wax sting and a soft cloth on the stalks to keep them from toppling over....I seem to recall that being the correct thing to do?
I was kind of hoping it would wait to bloom until a little closer to Christmas, but it should still be good (fingers crossed).

Latest posts