Amaryllis, Propagation

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have one Amaryllis that I just picked up.

One stem has finished blooming, it was not well taken care of and only one bloom made it to be able to become fertile. The other stem is in full bloom now! So I thought I would read up on how to make more of these fine bulbs.

I found this info very useful, Amaryllis

Joe

Thank you Steve, I never tried the word link before.
This is good, I like to learn at least one thing each day, good for the brain!

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
joe i started some from seed earlier in the year. white ones. after the seed pods popped open i just sprinkled them on top of some soil in a pot and viola! i mean amaryllis!

my bulbs multiply pretty readily as well.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
yeah i think they are still growing up under some coleus somewhere. i'll have to check it out.
It is funny you mention it that way. I plant things almost everyday, as I do I tell myself, oh no problem I will remember where I put these!
by the time I get in the house I forgot not only where I planted but what I planted also!

Did I mention I have ADD? I think I just think about to much at one time! Is there a condition for that? Oh crap it is called Bipolar I think.

Joe

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the seed pod. Sorry about the lighting, I did not want to move her.

100_8462.jpg

100_8463.jpg

Here is a picture of her in full bloom. Hoping for lots of seed from them!

100_8464.jpg

A picture of the base. If you look close you can see that the Moss is alive! When she is finished up I want to make a basket out of the Moss.

100_8465.jpg

Joe

Latest posts