AMKuska's 2023 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I accidentally knocked my peppers over while setting up my shelves! Miraculously, they somehow landed upright and seem unphased by the impact. We'll see what happens.

Here are the new shelves, new fan is clipped up.

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_001543.jpg
    IMG_20221226_001543.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20221226_001552.jpg
    IMG_20221226_001552.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 55

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now! Fill them shelves, AMKuska!

Possibly too many plants? Nah, gifts to other gardeners ... even if they decide there are too many it's likely that they would be happy to try something out of the ordinary for their garden.

Small fans are good. Air movement is a part of a plant's natural environment, a normal part of their growing season. If you are using a somewhat passive source of heat, they can distribute it throughout the structure rather than it just rising to escape through the highest recesses of the interior.

Steve

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know! I'm super excited about it because I only have huge tornado fans for the grow tent right now. This little one is small but really powerful, so I can get a strong wind that circulates air through the whole tent, or just the softest breath of wind on a delicate seedling.

ALSO apparently that's not all to my present. I'm also getting grow lights for each and every shelf which arrive Wednesday. :) I'm soooo excited to have this amazing opportunity!!

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know! I'm super excited about it because I only have huge tornado fans for the grow tent right now. This little one is small but really powerful, so I can get a strong wind that circulates air through the whole tent, or just the softest breath of wind on a delicate seedling.

ALSO apparently that's not all to my present. I'm also getting grow lights for each and every shelf which arrive Wednesday. :) I'm soooo excited to have this amazing opportunity!!
How exciting!! Just imagine all of the possibilities...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was such a thoughtful Christmas gift. You can never have too many lights!
It's so true!! They arrived early and they are really bright! The vertical shelf has added so much growing room to my grow tent. I can easily fit 40 adult plants on those shelves, plus my usual strip along the side. I bet I can fit 120 adult plants in there.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got more seeds in the mail today! These were from Tyson seeds and Wild mountain seeds. One of them is a tomato variety that I hope will resolve my tomato issues of last year. Also 3 more pepper varieties. I think I have 12+ varieties of pepper growing now!

The first batch is about an inch tall now and already have a true leaf sprouting. They seem completely unruffled by being dropped. I thought one of the Pablano's died because it flopped dramatically to the soil in a funny S shape after the fall, but even that one is back to normal. Plants are so funny.

I planted these latest varieties without chamomile treatment. I want to compare their germination times to the other ones.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
@heirloomgal 's rares are sprouted and growing strong. I was also surprised to see the new lot are showing signs of growth early as well.

The original lot of peppers all have their first leaves. I recall my pepper stagnating for months without any true leaves. These ones got some after just two weeks!!