AMKuska's 2023 Garden

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for themselves, I would suggest splurging on the reusable propagation trays from Modern Grower. A friend shared some with me last year, and we both liked them so much we ordered more of all three sizes (the small 6-cells, and two different sizes of 4-cells). By teaming up we could order the large lot of each size, which brought the price down and made them affordable. They are lifetime products and easy to rinse out and reuse. Best of all they stack. I have 2' high stacks right inside my basement door, taking up almost no space at all. They are so sturdy I think you could stack them 4' high without them tipping over. I just love them.
Those look a lot like Bootstrap Farmer! I really like mine.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
THE FIRST APOCALYPSE SCORPION IS UP!!!

@baymule I don't even like black pepper very much. My mother used to love cooking, and love heavily seasoning everything. Her favorite thing to do was to cook something that smelled delicious, wiggle her eyebrows, and then drop an entire bottle of seasoning over the top while yelling "BAM!!!"

I love gardening though, and my husband loves hot peppers, so growing him hot peppers makes sense! :)

Also @Branching Out that sounds awesome!! I actually wonder if my Christmas gift might be a lighted shelving unit for my grow tent. Imagine how many more plants I could stuff in there if I was able to go vertical with it. I can't wait for Sunday. 😍

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Do you have a link to these marvelous grow pots?? Please!
These are the ones that I use: https://shop.moderngrower.co/products/epic-six-trays
They also offer a larger sized cells, that come in two different dimensions for bumping up larger seedlings. I like that plants growing in the 3" 4-cells can easily be bumped up to the 4" size cell tray. The 4" is good for tomatoes and peppers.

Meadow has these ones: https://www.bootstrapfarmer.com/collections/plug-trays

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

@baymule I have the little 6-cell starters, the 72-cell root-pruning flat (not entirely happy with that one, we'll see; would be brilliant with larger cell size), microgreen trays, and I'm not seeing the larger one that I have... it is like Branching Out's larger size, but individual, with a gadget that allows 6 of them to be carried in a 1020 tray without tipping over. The humidity dome used to advertise its strength (and showed a picture of a cat on top); I noticed a decline in quality between 1st one I ordered to try them out a couple of years ago and those I ordered last year. Otherwise very pleased with their products! Alasgun recommends the clip-on device for holding plastic (or whatever) to hoops. I'm (probably) going to get some of their shade cloth for the upcoming season. Oh! And I adore the little dibber set! Who'da thunk it would be so handy? The one with the pointy cone has measurements on the stem that help with seed depth, and the one with the forked end did a fabulous job of separating tomato seedlings! Bought some for the kids too. Sorry for the rush post - gotta get back to work

eta: oops! Maybe it is 8 of those big ones in a 1020 tray. Way too heavy. I think Branching Out's with 4 connected would be better!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are the ones that I use: https://shop.moderngrower.co/products/epic-six-trays
They also offer a larger sized cells, that come in two different dimensions for bumping up larger seedlings. I like that plants growing in the 3" 4-cells can easily be bumped up to the 4" size cell tray. The 4" is good for tomatoes and peppers.

Meadow has these ones: https://www.bootstrapfarmer.com/collections/plug-trays
Thank you for sharing these little gems! They look very sturdy.

Latest posts