AMKuska's 2023 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like collard greens. Chickens love them too, collards are worth growing, even if just for the chickens. Here, the plants live through the winter. Once I had 5 year old plants, they got tall, fell over and reached for the sky. The stalks went every which way.
Wow, I'd love to see that!!! Maybe I'll keep one going when we move. We're just waiting for the right house to pop up. Even if it is a year or two from now.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Branching Out I planted the collard greens yesterday! I'm excited to see what they taste like. If they are absolutely despicable, the chickens are just a few yards away from the bed they're in and have volunteered for service.
That is great news! So far I have only planted Cascade Glazed Collards, but I will start some of the Heirloom Collards to launch our Collard Coalition. I really hope that I am going to like cooking with them. 😊

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave up on 40+ nights and just planted the tomatoes in the small pots today. They were turning yellow from the small size of the pots, and drinking so much water I couldn't keep up. I have no larger pots to put them in as they are all taken up by other tomatoes.

I took pictures of one of the victims of my big-pot shortage. Had it in a red solo cup:
DSC05851.JPG

Yellowing leaves
DSC05849.JPG

Full plant
DSC05848.JPG

Close up of roots

Latest posts