An orchid named Alex

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is VERY sad.Only one bloom on it. One branch was broken off just above the blooms, I did not notice. SO I hope the other shoot will put on new growth and give me more flowers someday.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
At home it is using the middle name that signals you've gone too far.

My Gypsy never had a nick name. She was shocked when her 2nd grade teacher called her Gypsy Magnolia. She knew she was in trouble, too. (I ratted to the teacher)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I mentioned that I returned home from Washington DC to find my orchid (ala Alex) in flower. The other orchid I'd purchased was ready to flower as well.

Well, imagine my surprise Saturday when I spotted a third orchid beside the other two. Alex and Aubrey messing around? Nope, on Mother's Day I was told son and family had purchased two new orchids for my growing collection. One large and beautiful, looking for all I can tell like a cross between orchid #1 and orchid #2 and one teeny-tiny and lovely orchid plant with pale pink blooms.

I know (I've been warned already) that I should get some photos posted, but I haven't spend any time with my camera since it fell. On the other hand, I have been using my phone's camera function a lot. Anyone want to share how I download pictures from my Samsung to this site?

Latest posts