And now..a word from our sponsor...Monsanto

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/06/19-5

The average person out there does not know or care. I have tried telling my friends about this for years, and they dismiss it as hoax and only get mad at me. I guess this will be nature's way of getting rid of the ill-informed. :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, I am convinced this has something to do with reproduction issues.... and I was so careful of what I ate while I was pregnant with my little one. Lots of organic, and my husband's mom even went as far as sending grocery gift cards because she new it cost me extra to be healthy. How scary!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A high carb diet is a major factor in PCOS. Whether the high insulin/high blood sugar along with GMO makes it worse...who knows? But should we be able to choose???

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always been a "health food nut", but I really feel like one now- when I talk about food. Staying organic is so important to me- but I know my family and friends think I am over the edge... Basically, there is hardly anything in a grocery store that I think anyone should be eating!! My nephews eat all that prepared food and have all kinds of mysterious ailments and allergies. No doubt it is more work, and more money to go organic- but how can it not be worth it???

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is why I'm so adamant about growing my own food! Meat and veggies... My friends think I'm crazy too. I think they trust too much in the FDA... Can't they remember all the screw ups the FDA have had? DDT? Lots of drug recalls with tragic results... No thanks, I'd rather do it myself.

Reaction score
Heres a link that will send the first link to the officials in your area. All you do is type in your zip code and it will list all and send it to all of them at the same time..

http://www.capwiz.com/grassrootsnetroots/issues/alert/?alertid=15154336&type=ML

I just heard about Monsanto this year. Im mad that the FDA will allow this. Im lower income and am forced to buy some monsanto products. But in a short time. I have removed many from my home. Unless you are completely self sufficient. I mean down to the animal feed you have. There is no way to get rid of monsanto products all together.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for that Sunny! I can't really imagine that the politicians much care what I think (since they don't care what I eat), but it never hurts to try!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish you would link articles that at least do their homework.

Monsanto did not develop the Bt technology.
Monsanto does not own the BST technology.

For every scienctist that says glysophates are bad, there are hundreds saying it's best solution.

Monsanto is only 1 of 4 chemical companies developing/selling GMO's. Where is the anger for the other 3? Why no articles on them?

Go back to blindly hating. You can either have cheap food (wasn't it last week we were complaining about food prices may rise?) or go organic and cut production by 2/3. Your $$ spent on food, dictates it, not the federal government.

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Im never ready to jump on the bandwagon, especially when its for someones idea of 'the common good.' More dictators and despots have risen to power on behalf of the common good than almost any other platform.

With Monsanto bashing one focus of www.commondreams.org, I'm leery. That smells like a one sided agenda to me, even verging on the fanatically exclusive.
And you know what they say about fanatics,

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
-- Winston Churchill

Latest posts