Another great canning weekend!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Canning is in high gear here, I canned 5 pints of stewed tomatoes, 7 pints of green beans, and 5 quarts of pickles today, what a great feeling!
7846_826_canning_002.jpg

So far this season we've put up 38 pints and 22 quart jars from our gardens and a long way to go, my goal is a jar for each day of the year!
I'm going to a local farm this coming weekend to see if he has corn yet, I plan on getting about 15 dozen ears, can't wait! :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you!! You are really ambitious! You will be thrilled to have all that food, come winter!!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Beautiful trunkman! I plan on canning more okra and stewed tomatoes! It makes you feel so darn good doesn't it? :)
Thanks Southern Gardener, our tomatoes are just starting so there's lots more canning to be done, we just can't get enough of that great feeling of having garden veggies when those tasteless store veggies are on store shelves. Nothing like going shopping in your own pantry... :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks yummy! You're really on a roll! :thumbsup It will be awhile yet before I have any veggies to can. I'm really looking forward to it. For now, I've got a ton of chicken to work on, pressure canning. Gotta clear a little space out of the freezer.

Latest posts