Another hour

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another hour until this rock in space begins to wobble back towards the north.

Winter Solstice.

No moon, either! I can't stand it!

Steve
actually, what I can't stand is that it will take such an unreasonable amount of time to get back to normal!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
But it's coming!
Every season has it's beauty.
Oh yeah, @thistlebloom, every season has it's beauty. I love winter snows and foggy mornings. So mysterious and quiet. I don't care very much for the low temperatures though. There was a time when I could sit in a treestand for hours at zero degrees but not anymore.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well. We made it!!

The whole world ... The southern hemisphere will soon be getting some relief from the heat. The northerners will see a lengthening of the daylight. The crescent moon will show up again in our night sky!

:)

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You don't have to, @murphysranch .

Let's see ... my afternoon light has been increasing since about the 14th. It's the morning light I'm waiting for! 6th of January before it's gained an inch!

We'll hit 7:36am and 4:12pm on the 6th. I'll be so vitamin D deficient and diminished by then, I probably won't even notice that the day is about 25 minutes longer!

Now, this building of light is only true at 48° North latitude. Others in southern climes will have fewer minutes of light to not notice. People in Mary's location use foghorns to find the horizon, around the clock.

Steve
:D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEAH so glad our days will lengthen again. It is so dreary leaving for work in the dark and returning at dusk. :(

Latest posts