Another Long Time member has passed: bobm

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest with you, after reading about his life I was genuinely upset.

I'm not making this about myself but I feel I have to explain.

I think I have spoken or chatted too a few people in here about my terrifying experience both online and in life...i say this because I believed that being on line a in the early 20's caused me huge problems, so much so I swore I was never going online again... then I got a few chickens and felt I needed guidance, which I'm pleased to say I then eventually found you guys. ❤

By the time I found teg, I was still for the want of a better word paranoid or extremely cautious. 🤔 everyone and their pet duck was a threat. 😆 🤣 ( I'm watching that ducks woman, I can tell you)

Laugh at myself I may but not getting to know this very special guy has really upset me 😢 I would have loved to have connected with him much more ❤

If anyone of you has any contact with his wife please pass on my deepest sympathy my heart really feels for her loss.
I only wish I could appoligise personally to Bobm. But thanks to my utter stupidity I can't now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don’t beat up on yourself @Marie2020 . He didn’t post much the past few years, so you didn’t have much of a chance to know him .
I’m just glad that we know what happened, it’s hard sometimes when people just stop posting. If you don’t know someone’s real name and general location, you can’t even do an obituary search.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agreed, Bay.

I'm on an independent Airbnb forum for a decade. Mark in Spain and Elaine in the UK were very very active. Elaine and Mr. Elaine moved to Portugal and sold their home next door to a pub. They were posting about the new place and then they simply disappeared. Mark in Spain disappeared with out a word in 2022. Nobody can find them. Worrisome.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should staple a note to my will, with forums, my name and log in.
I've tried to do one better, not only keeping a list of my forums and forum handles, and passwords (so the next person can actually get in) but, for forums that involve actual physical things (like this one), what basically boils down to a "will"; a list of what items I have, where they are stored, and the names and addresses of the people who I want them to go to. (No, don't ask if you are on the list, or, if so, what you would get, I have to re-do it constantly to factor in items as I deaccession some and acquire new ones, and, in any case, I don't want a bunch of people getting impatient and asking for their "inheritances" now while I'm still kicking and in reasonably good health.)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awesome idea :hugs

make a list. :) i'm only on a few forums where i have to sign in. i'm a regular poster to some other lists that i do not have to sign in to each one, but i doubt anyone will know how to use it or even look after i'm gone unless i say something about it on my list. so to make a list it is.

and by making a list i'm speaking of forums and such and not the financial stuff as those are covered in another manner.

Latest posts