another loss....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lost my dad November 27 to a stroke. He was hospitalized for two days and had some of the most compassionate care that I think it's possible to have. He was unresponsive, but the nurse held the phone to his ear and let me tell him how much I loved him.

I believe he heard me. He was gone early the next morning. But I am confident that I will see him again. He had placed his faith in Jesus Christ and now he's with Him, no more macular degeneration, no more bad heart, no more pain.

It still has not quite sunk in that I can't pick up the phone and talk to him and mom.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad is gone 13 years and my Mom 11. It is just the worst. Though you will never stop missing them the pain will ease in time. I feel so lucky to have parents that I miss compared to all the kids who were not so lucky to have great loving people to raise them. So very sorry. I am glad he did not suffer. Time will ease your pain.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Kristi, I am so sorry. :( Praying for you and sending you lots of hugs... :hugs

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my word. He must have had so much stress with your mother's illness and passing. Sometimes i wonder if there's some small mercy in spouses passing within a close span of time. But that doesnt make it any easier for those left behind. :hugs

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I am glad he was in good hands when he left. It's hard to let them go, but what a relief to know they are safe. I always think of that verse that says "we do not grieve like those who have no hope". I cannot imagine how I would cope with death of my loved ones if not for their relationship with Him. It is the best comfort I can imagine. Bless you and I hope your family feels peace and healing soon.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dearest Thistle/Kristi- My heart goes out to you. Petey and NwMtGardener said it well. Take comfort in Christ, your friends and the precious memories. :hugs Big hugs....

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, my heart is breaking for you. So much loss, in such a short time. My prayers and thoughts are with you...

Latest posts