Another member relocating.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I tried quilting back in the 80's, with the Texas Lone Star quilt pattern. That cured me FOREVER for doing quilting.. :lol:
I went back to sewing clothing, crafts, and alterations..:thumbsup

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it's wonderful news! A new beginning and new adventure for you. Kind of nice to already have a garden planted or established. You can tweak it and make it your own. What a wonderful blessing for your dad to have you take care of him. It will be hard to see him age but you will never regret it. I think it's a win/win and perfect solution. Wishing you a smooth transition. Keep us abreast of what's going on.

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you Mary. Dad knows he doesn't have much longer, and really doesn't want too more many years now that he is alone. I am all there for him. I just need to tie up loose ends on this side of the Mississippi River.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes when a relationship ends it helps to have a change of scenery. Maybe this is coming at a perfect time for not only you but your father as well.an opportunity to create a new circle/ start fresh, and also spend time with your dad and be closer to family . Maybe it comes at a perfect time, if there is such a thing.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dad really needs someone to be there so he can continue to age in place. He is still cognizant, and has all of his mental acuity. He is of course having health issues, at his advanced age of 93. His dear late wife had gotten him eating better, so he needs to continue on that trend. The whole time I was growing up, in the 60's and 70's, he had a very limited diet, so of course, we as the family followed it.
When he met up with his late wife again, he confessed to her that he hadn't been to a Dr since.....1953!!!!! :th

So she took took him to the Dr so he could see if he needed medical care. Of course by then, he was in his 80's.

I don't mind at all being there to help him. And my 6 yrs in healthcare will help me.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
usually the real troubles come after falling. that is where so many of the elder people i know who are doing fine and then they fall and that seems to start the downward spiral as they try to heal from breaks and injuries. we have some friends we were supposed to visit today who are in their mid-90s and one of them fell last week and of course we're worried. hard to be at a distance.

Last edited:

Latest posts