Another member relocating.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I just myself got an update last night. My sister went to Dad's house to see him and check on the progress for emptying the sewing room for me. She told me it is coming along really well, but not there yet. As he is having the ladies from church help him with it.
On my end, things are looking good. Final Dr appt's, visit to the bank, open a new bank account with a national bank versus a regional bank, selling my truck,...just a few things left to do.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I just myself got an update last night. My sister went to Dad's house to see him and check on the progress for emptying the sewing room for me. She told me it is coming along really well, but not there yet. As he is having the ladies from church help him with it.
On my end, things are looking good. Final Dr appt's, visit to the bank, open a new bank account with a national bank versus a regional bank, selling my truck,...just a few things left to do.
I Almost had my 1993 Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton truck sold this summer...then DD said that SHE wanted it...so she is buying it piecemeal.
I learned two things I will share with you.
1) Do NOT, do NOT, do NOT put it up on Craig's List!!!
All I got was calls from people who wanted ME to ship it to them.
2) Facebook Marketplace is a pretty good place to sell, BUT, they will rate your truck.
I started to believe that they were working against me bc they rated what somebody should pay for it, according to, Great Condition, Good Condition and Poor Condition. There was no way to list it as better than Good Condition, bc I could still use it for the same things I had been using it for, but it had some powder coat rust on top of the cab, otherwise, rust free, AND it lived in a garage AND I put 200-400 miles/year on it, as well as changing the oil every year. I put some repairs into it, as well.
I listed as $11K OBO, was getting offers for $6,500.00
Hope you have better luck selling than me!!
AlTHOUGH it will be nice to keep seeing it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my best result for selling my car was by putting the "For Sale" sign on it and parking it at the end of the driveway. it took a few weeks, but someone driving by saw it and stopped in and as soon as i started it he said he'd take it. wonder how he did with it...

Latest posts