Another Newbie

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:frowHi and welcome from Vancouver Island, I used to have a lot of Epis but I'm down to just a couple now. I've never grown Desert Rose but ones I have seen photos of have really peaked my interest. Not readily available in my neck of the woods or I'm sure I would have had one or two by now. Looking forward to seeing pictures of yours.

Annette

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ahhh, Logee's they used to send to Canada but alas no more:(. The last plants I got from them was in the 80's, they came through a broker. The brokerage fee was an extra $7 but it was worth it. We had them within a week, all plants arrived in perfect condition, I still have my old catalogs, drag them out every once in awhile. This is where I bought my first Brugmansias and other must haves. Luckily we have a very good source for Brugs here in Canada now.

Here's the flowers of two of my Epi's...
DSCN4193.JPG DSCN5027.JPG
Cleo If I Were King
Similar but there are differences, I have a few more but just cuttings I rooted and they need repotting badly. I also have E. oxypetallum (bloomed for the first time last year).
I had two others E. anguliger and another very similar only the scalloped leaves were more sharply zigzaged I used to hang these outside in the garden room where they set buds in September, bringing them into the greenhouse before a killing frost. They bloomed for ages giving off their lovely perfume. Alas I lost both in 2013 when they were forgotten outside. Going through chemo at the time, at least I'm using that as my excuse for losing them, I'd love to get those two back.

Annette

Annette

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
:welcome:welcome:welcome

Hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Latest posts