Another "OFF THE WALL IDEA" !!!!!! for growing plants

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi there! :frow

I am always finding "interesting" new ways of growing plants. This grew out of my interest in "vertical gardening" that I posted about a few weeks ago. This one uses one of those shoe-stores that hang on the back of a door. I have a lovely new green one which I bought to put gardening bits & pieces in......................!! :celebrate Maybe I could put some of my non-hardy herbs in it? :lol:

http://www.instructables.com/id/VERTICAL-VEGETABLES-quotGrow-upquot-in-a-smal/

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there rockytopsis :frow

I can't answer that question because I haven't tried it yet! But as the holder I have stored in my barn only cost me about a dollar in a cheap shop I can't grumble at that. it is made of very heavyweight woven plastic -- the kind that they use for tarpaulins & weed collection carriers I would expect it to last at least 2 or 3 seasons. I have seen all sorts materials used to make these tidies so one would have to use our judgement versus price when choosing.

I am definitely going to give it a go this fall for overwintering a lot of herbs under cover in my workshop. i am also going back to the cheap shop to see if they have any more of them or something like.

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts