Another potato question.(maybe we need an offical Potatoe thread-ha)

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have looked all over the internet and could not get a handle on how long from the start of flowering to when the plants start to die?

My taties are just starting to get blossoms. They look nice. Do they blossom until frost? Do they have a set time in their little Potato DNA to just give up? Since we don't harvest until they have died back I was wondering how long I have until I can take a peek to see if we have any babies.

Thanks a bunch!:coolsun

fletamae

Leafing Out
Reaction score
no they don't keep blooming and as far as how long until they die , we planted ours on march 17 usually and the harvest usually was in august.
probably had some thing to do with the fact that august is hot here in the ozarks.

sht4luck

Leafing Out
Reaction score
the book how to grow more veg. metions 9-17 weeks to maturity in ground. hope that helps.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ours were planted late March. We just dug them last week. They are ready when the vines start to yellow and die back. The ground should be cracking at the base of the vine due to the growth of the potatoes. If you see this happening, just kind of scratch underneath one to see what it has produced.

Latest posts