Another tomato question.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This must be the day for tomato questions.:D

I think this might be due to our cooler weather. I have 15 tomato plants and one is a black krim. (have not grown this kind before) Anyway, it is the only one of the toms that has leaves curling. They are curling upward to the sky. Plant looks healthy otherwise. IT is in between some other heirloom toms. I don't see any signs of bugs.

Any thoughts?:caf

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Black Krim is a wonderful variety that I hope that you will enjoy. Definitely worth the extra effort to taste the fruits. It has a wonderful salty flavor that isn't like any other tomato.

I think that the problem may be the weather. Are the soils drying out before each water or are they remaining water logged? Or even moist? This sometimes can cause tomato plants to curl their leaves. You should be careful because this can be the first signs of bacterial or fungal infections.

If possible, let the soil dry out a bit before your next watering. Also, if you could, a copper spray could help reduce the risk of fungal diseases.

Unfortunately, Black Krim, like most heirlooms have a greater chance of falling victim to disease and pests because they're not bred to resist them like most hybrids. The taste and quality of fruit however is unsurpassed.

Good luck!

Latest posts