Anti-EPA House Votes To Let Agribusiness Dump Pesticides In Our Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/01/epa-dump-pesticides/

Your conservative right-wing Congress at work for you and me. Are these guys serious? Not only do we get to enjoy the benefits of radioactive clouds drifting over the United States from Japan.we can also have the benefits of being poisoned so maybe we dont notice that there are two headed calves being born. Are they trying to bring on Armageddon or just create a zoo of freaks for entertainment?

Personally, I am not ready to go to heaven yet. I would find heaven very boring. Nothing to do all day but stare at one big shining spot. I can do that if I ever decided to watch TV again. ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:

Your conservative right-wing Congress at work for you and me. Are these guys serious? Not only do we get to enjoy the benefits of radioactive clouds drifting over the United States from Japan.we can also have the benefits of being poisoned so maybe we dont notice that there are two headed calves being born. Are they trying to bring on Armageddon or just create a zoo of freaks for entertainment?

Personally, I am not ready to go to heaven yet. I would find heaven very boring. Nothing to do all day but stare at one big shining spot. I can do that if I ever decided to watch TV again. ;)
What this bill did was stop states from putting another permit on vegetable farmers. It did NOT REPEAL any laws or regulations. I thought this board was all for not permitting people to death by government?

http://www.gop.gov/bill/112/1/hr872 Link

H.R. 872 would amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state may not require a permit under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act for the application of pesticides regulated under FIFRA.

The bill would amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify that a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit shall not be required for a discharge of pesticides registered under FIFRA. The bill would provide exceptions which would allow the EPA to require a NPDES permit for the discharge of pesticides that would not fall under FIFRA or would discharge pesticides in violation of FIFRA. Exceptions to the prohibition on permit requirements include:

1.A discharge resulting from a violation of a FIFRA provision that is relevant to protecting water quality.
2.Stormwater discharges regulated under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
3.Municipal or industrial discharges regulated under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Ladyhawke1 said:

What this bill did was stop states from putting another permit on vegetable farmers. It did NOT REPEAL any laws or regulations. I thought this board was all for not permitting people to death by government?

http://www.gop.gov/bill/112/1/hr872 Link

H.R. 872 would amend the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) to clarify that the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a state may not require a permit under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act for the application of pesticides regulated under FIFRA.

The bill would amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to clarify that a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit shall not be required for a discharge of pesticides registered under FIFRA. The bill would provide exceptions which would allow the EPA to require a NPDES permit for the discharge of pesticides that would not fall under FIFRA or would discharge pesticides in violation of FIFRA. Exceptions to the prohibition on permit requirements include:

1.A discharge resulting from a violation of a FIFRA provision that is relevant to protecting water quality.
2.Stormwater discharges regulated under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
3.Municipal or industrial discharges regulated under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act
Whatever you are trying to say and I am not afraid of saying it....is totally incomprehensible. :/ You must then be a lawyer for the industry. :p

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The way I read it (I could be wrong) is that it takes all control away from the states and gives it to the federal government.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
The way I read it (I could be wrong) is that it takes all control away from the states and gives it to the federal government.
Excuse me....that should read "private corporations". Corporations are not the government.....yet. Government is a tool like delivery system, it is a construct. You do not destroy a tool that took over two hundred years to build. However, the people who run it are of concern to you and they are supposed to be the SERVANTS of the PEOPLE. NOT the other way around.

Corporations are now persons, and persons have the right of free speech....and by the Supreme Court's recent ruling MONEY = FREE SPEECH. How many votes can you buy? Alone you are a feather in the wind.

However the people standing together....like Egypt and Wisconsin:

"Voldemort himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) :lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What this bill did was stop states from putting another permit on vegetable farmers. It did NOT REPEAL any laws or regulations.
I'm sorry you can't understand this. I'm not sure how to go on with a discussion with you.

It stopped vegetable farmers from having to pay extra permit fees to local/state governments. It did nor does not stop any laws in affect or any laws that local/state put into law.

Local governments love to add new permits/taxes on everyone. Use to be state sales taxes, now county, city sales taxes along w/other taxes.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
What this bill did was stop states from putting another permit on vegetable farmers. It did NOT REPEAL any laws or regulations.
I'm sorry you can't understand this. I'm not sure how to go on with a discussion with you.

It stopped vegetable farmers from having to pay extra permit fees to local/state governments. It did nor does not stop any laws in affect or any laws that local/state put into law.

Local governments love to add new permits/taxes on everyone. Use to be state sales taxes, now county, city sales taxes along w/other taxes.
What is it that you do not understand about the following words poison, toxic, pollute, destroy, contamination, and fatal? :/

firemenlovechicks

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
seedcorn said:

What is it that you do not understand about the following words poison, toxic, pollute, destroy, contamination, and fatal? :/
I don't understand people who try to make EVERYTHING about politics..... This was nothing more than an attack on the conservatives by someone who 1: does not fully understand what the law is.... and 2: is SO BLINDED by PARTISON POLITICS that they can't see that the problem lies on BOTH sides of the fence.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
firemenlovechicks said:
Ladyhawke1 said:
seedcorn said:

I don't understand people who try to make EVERYTHING about politics..... This was nothing more than an attack on the conservatives by someone who 1: does not fully understand what the law is.... and 2: is SO BLINDED by PARTISON POLITICS that they can't see that the problem lies on BOTH sides of the fence.
I'm with you fireman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts