Anticipating the Slow-down

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful. I was amused at the one on page 3 of the shack near Antayla, Turkey. It seems to have a satellite dish in the front. Priorities, priorities.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow, got to page 12 and saw the 'rock & a hard place' cabin. i imagine there are a lot of jokes about staying at that cabin!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
rock-and-hard-place.jpg

Any shelter in a storm, @Chickie'sMomaInNH :).

This picture reminds me so much of the cabin I built in the 70's. The caption said it is a barn. My cabin had a smaller upstairs window, more windows downstairs, and wasn't so low.

I was very much living in the moment and may not even have had a camera then. The new owner covered it with siding ..! I will not be going back to see that. So, it will stay in my memory and this picture may represent my cabin for others.

Steve
P9210635.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fun site! Good food for the imagination.

I think I would like your cabin Steve. I think you're right about not visiting it, sometimes going back to a place that we have kept in a special location of our heart disturbs the peace that we get when we revisit it in our mind.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny how @Chickie'sMomaInNH found where I left off in the spring ... then, I must have gotten between a rock and a hard place.

Yeah, I went on to page 11 and know I would have remembered all those ice fishing shanties. (I remember the hard place and that fishing cabin with the hoist on page 12). Maybe there's something missing in my life, ya think?

The magical cabin on page 11 also looks familiar, tho'. Maybe, I have seen it somewhere else. I wonder if I was awake or sleeping ...

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD had me thinking yesterday about my long-ago cabin in the woods.

The photo that I posted here of what is-not-my-cabin reminds me so much of it. I have to ignore the fact that there are 3 windows that should be seen from this angle that aren't there. And, that this is someone's barn. As soon as I look past these differences, I see the old Ford tractor and the pickup. Those weren't mine but, they could be different models and then they would have been! Even the forest ...

Anyway, in these times, it is comforting to think of different, simple lifestyles and homes. Clicking that first picture ... what! You aren't ready to go live in a hole in the ground?! ... Anyway, clicking the first picture will take you to lots of pictures of cabins. (There has been continued updating so many more pages added.)

Steve

Latest posts